Highway Superintendent/Project Manager
Marietta, GA 30060 US
Our client is a heavy construction company located in Marietta, GA . The company focuses on concrete construction, including bridge work, concrete overlays, concrete paving, water treatment plants, pump stations as well as other concrete related projects and for public agencies. currently seeking motivated and dedicated employees to join our team! This means you will have a hand in some of the best Heavy Civil and Highway projects throughout the South East.
The following position and requirements are listed below:
Responsible for personnel, equipment, scheduling, safety, quality control and completion of assigned projects on time and within estimated budget.
• Supervise and direct crew to assure completion of assigned project as instructed by the Project Superintendent and/or the Project Manager.
• Assist and direct crews to determine appropriate use of equipment and process to complete the job as safely and efficiently as possible.
• Perform equipment inspections, request maintenance and repairs as needed.
• Monitor crews and maintain safe working conditions. Complete daily logs, safety forms and timecards.
• Direct communication and coordination with project team including Myers personnel, management, owner, owner's rep, subcontractors, engineers, etc.
• Minimum of 8 years' foreman or equivalent experience in Heavy Highway Construction and/or Heavy Industrial.
• Experience in proper excavations with an emphasis in deep underground utilities install.
Experience in deep slide rail excavation system a PLUS.
• Background in reading plans and survey staking
• Ability to operate equipment including but not limited to the following: skid-steers, rollers, excavators, backhoes, forklifts, blades, dozers, etc.
• Gifted in “blue topping” grades for paving operations.
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Must be able to meet physical demands of the job.
• Must be willing to work some overtime as needed.
Please include your project list and resume to your application. Looking forward to speaking with you!