Accounts Payable/Accounting Assistant - 1372920
Macon, GA 31201 US
Our client is one of Macon, GA's premier commercial building contractors. They provide general contracting, design/build, construction management, and engineering. They have worked in all markets: commercial, education and campus, health care and life sciences, hospitality, municipal / government/military, and retail. They are proud of their history, experience, and strong reputation for quality and integrity. Due to growth, we are seeking a back-office talent for their team.
This position consists of inputting data or information in our software system and spreadsheets. You will be working closely with management and our accounting team members to ensure all invoices, pay applications and accounts payable inquiries flow smoothly and efficiently in accounting.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and have a positive mindset. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality are crucial to this role. The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a high volume of transactions.
There is an opportunity for growth for the right individual.
· Compile, sort, and verify the accuracy of data before entry
· Enter accounts payable transactions quickly and accurately
· Compare data with source documents and reconcile batch balances
· Identify errors and work with management for a resolution
· Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets
· File Accounts Payable documents
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical
· Detail-oriented – diligent with all data entries and thoroughness in completion of your tasks
· Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations
· Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with our team members, vendors and clients and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Associate degree/office training preferred
· Minimum of 2 years of office/data entry or equivalent experience required.
· Please email your resume and work references.
If this sounds like your next role please apply here and let's have a confidential conversation.
Looking forward to speaking with you!