Industrial Preconstruction Manager
Suwanee, GA 30024 US
Industrial Design-Build and General Contracting
We are seeking an experienced Preconstruction Manager responsible for supporting the BD team. The focus will be on budget development, while bridging the communications between the clients and the Project Executive Team. The role will oversee the budget development process, coordinates with design partners, sub-contractors, and operations staff to create an environment for successful project acquisition and delivery.
The Role’s Duties & Responsibilities
1. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
· Manage budget & proposal development in coordination with Business development and in-house estimating/engineering staffs to create effective customer relationships.
· Establish and maintain relationships with architects, clients, sub-contractors, local jurisdiction, and others to identify potential opportunities as well as to incorporate project objectives, costs, schedules, and permits etc.
2. PRE-CON/PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT
· Coordinate Pre-construction work across multiple teams, sub-contractors, and architect in accordance with project requirements
· Lead clarification of project Scope of Work with architects, sub-contractors, and clients to ensure accurate development of proposal documents
· Work with operation teams on general requirements, including fees, staffing, schedules, and other financials as per project requirements
· Conduct project kick-off, team review, and management review meetings. Organize and conduct pre-bid subcontractor meetings and walkthroughs
· Proficient in subcontractor scope analysis, recognizing errors, inconsistencies, gaps, overlaps and exclusions. Reconcile incomplete quotes to correct "in-bid" amount
· Develop subcontractor relationships. Assists in maintaining company’s system of pre-qualified subcontractors and vendors to assure quality control
· Lead third party reviews on the budget and ensure that all comments are incorporated into Contract Documents
· Develop complete estimates for projects during the conceptual through final design phase with relevant value engineering options.
· Identify gaps and missing scope in the early concept and design drawings to ensure adequate budgets are established.
· Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing specifications and coordinating quantity take-offs for MEP/HVAC. (EXPERIENCE WITH MEP & HVAC DESIRED)
· Perform as well as coordinate complex and multiple estimating assignment.
· Visit jobsites to gain understanding of estimate accuracy and impact.
1. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university or equivalent experience.
· Mechanical Engineering or Construction Engineering/Science degree preferred.
· 10+ years’ experience in industrial construction project development or execution.
· 4+ years of estimating and/or Project management experience preferred.
2. TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
· Understanding of multiple delivery methods, including hard bid, negotiated GMP, Design Build, and General Contracting
· Understanding of estimating principles
· Communication and presentation skills
· Technical Writing
· PC Competent (Including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint)
· Proficiency in estimating software: P6, Building Connected, Bluebeam, Procore, ProEST,
· Problem Solving
COMPENSATION & OFFER
This role comes with an executive level salary and bonus program. The culture is fast paced, strategic and focused on growth and gaining market share in the Southeast. The senior leaders come from well-respected companies in the region. There are full benefits including 401k and company car or expense reimbursement!
IF this sounds like your next step, we want to speak with you! Please apply here and send your resume and project list to Jharris@constructionexecs.com.