Shop Manager - 927182
Eatonton, GA 31024 US
Our client is a Specialty Metal and Millwork Contractor in Eatonton, GA actively seeking an experienced production leader to oversee the operation of their Millwork & Fine Carpentry department. This role includes the development of Millwork employees, capabilities, and efforts for continuous improvement. The performance of the wood shop operation is measured with various metrics on production, efficiency, labor, lead times, quality control, profitability, and organization. This position will train and develop employees while maintaining superior levels of safety, quality, efficiency, and equipment utilization.
· Lead and demonstrate safe practices, abide by all equipment and company safety protocols, and assist with all necessary training on all equipment.
· Schedule, coordinate, and perform required maintenance on all equipment.
· Provide guidance, training, supervision, and discipline over all wood shop employees as well as cross train employees to perform in different roles.
· Perform / oversee necessary milling and modifications to meet customer specifications.
· Maintain high level of quality control with frequent inspections, focusing on material flow and waste reduction.
· Manage shop materials and inventory; procure shop supplies and tools within set budget.
· Support Sales Department with product and production flow details and recommendations.
· Set and communicate lead times for products and ensure strict adherence.
· Attend and hold regular production meetings, maintain, and analyze production data to improve operations.
· Education - minimum high school diploma, relevant vocational school degree in related field; College Degree is a bonus.
· Prior training or certifications in one or more of the following preferred: NHLA, OSHA, LEAN, Kaizen, SIX SIGMA, AAMA, Engineering, Machining, Manufacturing.
· Experience - Minimum 8 years in production field required including but not limited to Minimum 5 years in management of production operation; or a minimum 5 years of combination of training, use, and maintenance of multiple types of industrial processing / manufacturing equipment, wood working equipment, and other relevant equipment.
· Knowledge of Lumber Species and Millwork strongly preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. They also offer a comprehensive benefits package, and retirement match package to begin Q2 2022.
If this sounds like your skill set we would like to speak with you! Please apply here and send your resume and project list to email@example.com or call 770-480-0846 for more information.
We look forward to speaking with you!